Eurovision_Nicola's Twitterrings...

Monday 18 August 2008

Cake Buffet


IMG_1884
Originally uploaded by eurovision_nicola
This is my little interpretive piccie of the amazing cake array at Mimi and Tom's wedding this weekend in Konstanz, Germany. Not only were there immensely impressive puddings but also a really lovely blessing ceremony, some excellent speeches (I only wish I spoke German as the one getting all the belly laughs was pretty much impossible for me and Heather to fathom), a german ceilidh band and lots of catching up with Sarah & Dan and Janna.

On the way back I had my most surreal airport experience in Zurich airport. A giant shiny shopping centre with mammoth advertising hoardings and, er, the occasional plane, also has a little underground train connecting the gates. And it's an advert for Switzerland replete with barely audible tweetings and mountain wind noises that build as you flash past a psychadelic 20 screen alp-based experimental visual bombardment before hearing the squiffy cowbells and yodelling that only partly prepare you for a loud moo as you pull into your gate... Bonkers....

No comments:

Eurovision - Live from Our Living Room!