Eurovision_Nicola's Twitterrings...

Wednesday 20 August 2008

Weird presents...


Weird presents...
Originally uploaded by eurovision_nicola
OK so the lighting is shoddy and I really need to sort how I photograph my random scribbles but...

After we had a few comments from our house guest (my sister) Heather and I were alerted to just how many odd nic-nacs we have round the house. Many are from my mother's yearly foray into insanity for our Christmas stockings which are both a perpetual horror and an endless delight. In a way she is a gift innovator. In a way...

However, especially with a Birthday coming, I thought I'd chart some of the odder presents I've received in the last few years. I do have a correction though... that vibrating miffy is actually a vibrating Studio Ghibli critter. The Miffy does have a loop on her back for hanging up though and sits with the critter. I think both quality as odd...

I do like most of the gifties btw but it's just baffling to work out why or how they were picked for me. I *do* like shoes so in theory the shoe pressies make sense... in practice though a study pair of man size birkinstocks would be far more useful than a ceramic hollow yellow shoe. The former would also probably have a better designed contour than the latter. Worryingly....

The big question is less "why was I given this" than "who the hell makes this and why"?! That particularly applies to the ceramic shoe tealight holder. For all those times when you've really wanted to think about your shoes on fire. er...

No comments:

Eurovision - Live from Our Living Room!