Eurovision_Nicola's Twitterrings...

Friday 2 January 2009

Sari Silk Scarf


IMG_3334
Originally uploaded by eurovision_nicola
I've been doing lots of crafty stuff for christmas pressies this year but this latest creation was actually for me. It's a scarf made of Jeager fushia fake fur (lovely stuff but awefully tangly) and a handspun silk sari yarn made from little scraps and waste pieces of indian fabrics. I picked the sari yarn up in a yarn store in Potlatch in Washington when we were day tripping from Seattle last spring. It took me ages to find the best use for it but it is quite heavy and dense to work with so I have a beautiful but very compact scarf now. Two balls of yarn in a very lazy knit (no, not even a stockinette) and maybe 2 ft of scarf. But both feet of it are very very pretty!

No comments:

Eurovision - Live from Our Living Room!